Product and waste destruction
- In Israel, tens of thousands of plants manufacture millions of products every day.
- Some of these products have a shelf life.
- This date indicates the period of time that the product is recommended for use.
- The indices based that determine a product’s shelf life applies to components, storage conditions, and how it is used.
In general, these products can be grouped into the following categories: food, medicines, food supplements, cosmetics, and medical products. When a product does not conform to its predefined specifications because of a flaw, such as a technical malfunction (manufacturing failure or unsuitable storage conditions) go through a regulated product destruction process, known in the business as the destruction of the finished product.
Stages of product destruction process:
After examination of the products by the quality assurance department, if the product is found to be unfit for use for whatever reason (damaged product, surplus manufacture, licenses not in order, export approvals not obtained, etc.), and after the decision has been taken to consign the products for destruction, the products are collected and taken by truck to an OROZ plant (ecology factory).
- At the ecology factory, the products go through an initial sorting process, which assigns them to the appropriate destruction process.
- Attention is paid to the customer specifications and the instructions and destruction operating procedures prescribed in law.
The latest technology is used for the destruction and the entire process is supervised; i.e. at completion, the products cannot return to the open market or find their way into the wrong hands. After completion, the shredded waste is taken to an authorized landfill where itis sorted into categories: dry, toxic, gray (hazardous), etc.
The dangers of non-destruction of products and waste
- The dangers in such cases are major and destructive.
- The cosmetics and food industries are considered to be especially vulnerable.
- Almost daily, products slated for destruction enter the market, despite the prohibition against their distribution, for a number of reasons:
- Improper storage in the sun
- Excessive spraying or spraying with illegal substances
- Illegal imports
- Over oxidization (different types of creams) and so on
- Bacterial infections
- Outbreak of illness
- Serious side-effects, and so on
OROZ, part of the OROZ Industries Group, handles finished goods and has a track record in the industry, with some of the most advanced work processes in the country, and some of the largest customers in Israel, including Israel Customs, Strauss Group, Unilever Israel, and Elite.
What is actually done
- Treatment and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Sludge drying
- Industrial waste removal and treatment
- Product destruction
- Treatment of laboratory waste, etc.
The OROZ Industries Group, which specializes and leads Israel’s green sector, assumes the responsibility for treating waste and finished products produced by any enterprise, while defending and protecting the environment. The OROZ Industries Group works with professionals in the field and appropriate licensees to operate removal, treatment, storage and transfer stations for the handling of hazardous waste. The most innovative and unique technology currently available is used for this process. The company only uses lawful equipment.
You may also be interested in: